Dear Potential IM Kids 3rd Meal Volunteer
On the behalf of IM Kids 3rd Meal, I want to thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer. We can never thank you enough, nor quantify the impact volunteers have on the IM Kids 3rd Meal program. The program cannot operate without your willingness to service. Your help will advance the mission of IM Kids 3rd Meal-to provide food insecure children with an evening meal.
IM Kids 3rd Meal like every other organization and business in the United States is keeping abreast of CDC guidelines and crafting plans to ensure the safety of our staff and volunteers. As we prepare for the fall opening, you will notice some changes at the facility this year due to COVID-19. Some noticeable differences include:
- Facility set up to promote social distancing
- Sanitizer Station to promote more frequent hand sanitizing
There are new procedures in place that include:
- Masks must be worn at all times in the facility. If you wear a face shield, the health department also requires a mask to be used with it.
- A health screening form that must be completed either on your phone or on paper each time you volunteer.
- The use of a no touch thermometer to take your temperature on your arrival to volunteer.
The program will have masks onsite should you forget your mask or do not have one. Gloves will continue to be available for use as in the past.
Cleaning has always been important in protecting staff, volunteers and students receiving an evening meal. It is even more important today. High touch surfaces will be sanitized more often throughout the morning and afternoon shifts.
IM Kids 3rd Meal is excited to welcome new volunteers and begin making evening meals for children that need them again. If you would like to volunteer, you can email Lucy Wohlscheid at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 225-7264 to sign up to volunteer this fall.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact me at email@example.com or (616) 522-1405
Director of Grants & Special Projects
Ionia County ISD