PLEASE NOTE: This project uses open food products and therefore must be completed in a licensed facility.
IM Kids 3rd Meal goes through a lot of Trail Mix! Would your organization or group be interested in preparing trail mix for us?
You collect donated supplies!
Ask your class or group working on this project to donate items needed in the recipe below. Simply mix the items in a large mixing bowl and re-pack into 8 oz snack bags.
Recipe Makes 100 Bags of Trail Mix
- 32 ounces of pretzels: mini twists, small sticks, etc
- 28 ounces of crackers: goldfish, cheese-its, etc
- 40 ounces of cereal: Cherrios, Chex, etc
And nuts OR dried fruit
- 52 ounces nuts: peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc
- 36 ounces of dried fruit: raisins, cranberries, bananas, etc
Additional Items Needed:
- 100+ Ziplock snack bags
- Plastic gloves for each child
- Large mixing bowl or plastic tub
- 8oz cups for scooping mix
Download the Recipe: Snack Mix Recipe